27 November 2006

 

Seeing The Enemy First Hand

I was able to travel to the D.C. area for Thanksgiving with friends. The time was wonderful and I got to see a few places I hadn't visited in my previous trips. Before leaving we all went to one of the ubiquitous Starbucks for breakfast. On our table was a copy of the Washington Post. I've disregarded the paper for a long time. Many years ago I listened to G. Gordon Liddy's radio show. He referred to it as the Washington *BLEEP* because "the FCC has deemed the combination of those two words offensive". Yesterday I saw first hand the terribleness of the Washington Post.

Above the fold on the front page were three bad articles, two ripping on the war once again and one explaining how the success of the Republicans' prescription drug program was going to make it tough for the Democrats to implement socialized medicine. I pointed it out to my wife and she was disgusted, but it wasn't unexpected. The prescription drug article made me chuckle. How's this for an opening paragraph?
It sounded simple enough on the campaign trail: Free the government to negotiate lower drug prices and use the savings to plug a big gap in Medicare's new prescription-drug benefit. But as Democrats prepare to take control of Congress, they are struggling to keep that promise without wrecking a program that has proven cheaper and more popular than anyone imagined.
Damn those Republicans for providing something that works.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?