24 October 2006

 

Robocop's a Professor

I caught Engineering an Empire on the history channel, which is hosted by Peter Weller. No surprise there, these shows often get a famous actor to narrate or provide a marketable face for advertising. What did surprise me was the label when he appeared on screen, "Peter Weller -- Syracuse University". Not actor, Robocop, or Buckaroo Banzai, but Syracuse as though he's a professor.

Sure enough, he is. I checked out his bio at IMDb and this is part of the entry.
He teaches a literature and fine arts class at Syracuse University. He can be seen on The History Channel's new documentary on Roman engineering.

He holds a master's degree in Roman and Renaissance art and is working toward a Ph.D. One of Syracuse University's most popular professors.
The series is fascinating. I've seen the one of Greece and part of Egypt. TiVo is my friend. It also taught me something interesting about Peter Weller.

Technorati tags: , , , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?